As the name of our website indicates, we obviously encourage the practise of meditation. In different cultures and religions, multiple types of meditation exist such as: Zen meditation (Zazen), Transcendental meditation, Vipassana, Mindfulness meditation, Metta meditation (compassion), Yoga meditations (third eye, chakra, Kundalini…), Taoist meditations… Each meditation type has its own aim but globally, these meditation types are aimed at developing mindfulness, concentration, tranquillity, insight…
Scientifically, research on meditation has shown it can keep you healthy, make you happier, improve your performance in physical and mental task, and even help in preventing multiple diseases.
A few scientifically proven benefits of meditation:
- increases positive emotions and life satisfaction
- reduces anxiety, stress and depression
- improves focus and attention
- improves information processing and decision-making
- increases learning and memory
- fosters creativity
- decreases pain
- helps manage ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- reduces risks of heart diseases
- boosts the immune system (e.g. helps prevent asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease)
- reduces blood pressure
- decreases inflammatory disorders
- slows ageing process
- improves empathy and positive relationships
- increases social connections
- decreases feelings of loneliness etc.
Scientific research has also shown that only 20 minutes of meditation per day during 8 weeks would already provide concrete positive results.
So remember that if you need food for your body, you also need food for your soul, simply because this is your essence. It’s important to take time for yourself; and if you have time to watch TV or browse the internet, you must have time to meditate.
You make your own choices, you are responsible for the life you have… So what about living a happy and harmonious life?
If you need some help with your practice of meditation, discover Guided Meditation now.
Part of Gaia Meditation’s mission is to empower you and expand collective consciousness by promoting:
the practice of meditation to clear and change your mind.