Gaia & Meditation
In the mythology, Gaia is the Greek goddess which personifies the Earth itself. Originally, she is the maternal ancestor of divine races and monsters. The word Gaia is a compound of two elements: Ge meaning the Earth and Aia meaning Grandmother. Gaia is often referred to as the Mother of Earth.
In our modern era, the name Gaia has been connected to environmental theories. In 1970, the English ecologist James Lovelock published a theory proposing that all living organisms and inorganic material on the Earth are part of a living dynamic system, which maintains the Earth as a fit environment for life on our planet.
“Gaia Meditation” engages all of us in a meditation at two levels:
- A reflection about Gaia, by expanding our awareness regarding the interconnections between every Earth living beings, our living planet Gaia and the rest of the Universe.
- A true mental exercise of each of us to reach a heightened level of spiritual consciousness.
By expanding our awareness through increased knowledge and the actual practice of meditation, we shall understand better the global unity between everything that exists in the Universe: “We Are One”.
Our Mission, Vision, Values
At Gaia Meditation, everything we do is inspired by our mission, vision and values.
Our mission is to contribute to a global positive change by empowering individuals.
Be the change you want to see in the world (Mahatma Gandhi)
Our vision is focused on the mind as the root for any possible global change. By developing one’s mind in a harmonious way, one can reach a greater awareness which would lead on the path to individual happiness and eventually worldwide peace.
Master your mind. Master your life. (Gaia Meditation’s motto)
Our values are universal:
Gaia Meditation’s mission is to empower you by:
- Inspiring and nurturing your mind with information and knowledge shared via our Blog
- Providing you with tools to heal, develop and train your mind: meditation method and audio programs.
Eventually, you will “grow”, following the natural development of a plant:
- PLANTING or “healing your body in order to heal your mind.” Well-being
- GROWING or “aligning your actions with your true-self.” Harmony
- BLOOMING or “using your mind power to change your (the) world.” Awakening
Information & Expansion of Consciousness
Three main topics are developed on our Blog:
In the Blog, myself, Stephane, and other contributors including my brothers and friends are sharing our thoughts and anything we find relevant, from research in sciences to spirituality and metaphysics, positive world news, and interviews about very unique and special individuals, as well as reviews about inspiring books, films… Our aim is to inspire, motivate and spread positive values as much as possible to you.